For over 90 years, World Book has been committed to creating print and digital educational products that meet the highest editorial standards and ignite and inspire a lifelong love of learning.Visit World Book's website at .
Entry level position that is responsible for incorporating changes into non-encyclopedic and encyclopedic World Book products.
1. Adds prepared World Book content to electronic files for print and digital output.
2. Updates management database to indicate work done in electronic files.
3. Resolves minor space problems in print content, often by rewording existing text in accordance with publication style or by deleting the least useful pieces of information.
4. Suggests solutions for major space problems caused by the addition or deletion of large blocks of material.
5. Creates documentation needed to put approved space solutions into effect.
6. Uses prepared updates of encyclopedic World Book articles to update similar articles in other products.
1. Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or a related field.2. Two years' experience in news, periodical, website, or reference journalism.3. Computer skills, especially QuarkXPress, Excel, Word. Alfresco, and XML-editing software such as oXygen, XMLSpy a plus.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS! Learn more